Maximize goals and expectations with acute comprehension
of the what you are doing and why you are doing it.
- Astute Muscle Control & Movement
- Improved posture
- Relieved back pain
- Increased joint mobility and control
- Increased flexibility
- Increase chances of improving other activities.
- Lose Weight – Pilates is a unique form of exercise that has many benefits, weight loss is not one of them. Pilates is not everything that it is made out to be? No you cannot feel like a celebrity for only an hour a day AND lose 25 pounds while obtaining a rock hard bum?!
- Lengthen Muscle - All muscles contract and shorten when they are activated. All muscle lengthens when they relax. However, you cannot increase the length of a relaxed muscle without surgery. This Pilates belief is total nonsense and betrays a sorry knowledge of muscle physiology.
- A lot Stronger – Pilates will significantly improve your abdominal muscular endurance, since you will spend much of a Pilates class performing abdominal, lower back and core specific exercises. If you are starting at a lower fitness level or with a weak core, you can definitely make these areas stronger with Pilates. But you should not rely upon Pilates as a way to improve your full body strength. This is because to get a muscle, joint or bone stronger, you must expose that area of your body to a more stressful demand than pilates
”“Total Body incorporates all different types of movements into one amazing workout. Since I started in November of 2012 I have noticed a significant increase in my overall fitness and physique.
”“From kettlebells to jump rope, deadlifts to overhead squats, and everything in between you never know what concoction of exercises MD has in store for class.
”“I was looking for an all-around workout that would exercise my core, build up some upper body strength, and develop aerobic endurance. I definitely found all of that in Total Body.
”“I got way more of a workout than expected. I have never been so exhausted! It is amazing!